Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Deep Cut.

Thanks nordlichter4!


The second time I tried to kill myself there was blood; a lot of blood, so much so there would forever be a stain on the carpet in the living room where I attempted to slice through my skin. The scariest part was making the first cut into my wrist. I felt like I was sawing back and forth for the longest time before the blade finally gave way to the pressure and sank deep into my arm. I didn't feel any pain although the blood did make me a bit whoozy, I had been in so much pain before that that this seemed like the release I needed to start healing. Later my shrink asked if this attempt was a cry for help and perhaps I didn't really want to die because I did it wrong, I cut the wrong way even after I looked it upon the Internet. I told her that I did really want to kill myself and cutting the wrong way was just another example of how I fuck everything up. She asked if I saw the irony on the situation. I laughed.

The most disturbing part of it all that still rattles me to this day is the memory of lying on the floor in a pool of blood and through half open eyes I saw my cat sniffing at my blood and licking it up. My cat, Q-tip, was never the same after that, her pure white fur was stained a burnt orange, a constant reminder of my failed attempt to end my life.

Until the day I died I never realized that there could be other definitions of right and how to do things the right way and maybe my right was actually wrong. I am beginning a slow realization now that had I thought outside the box my life would have gone in a completely different direction and I might still want to be alive.

3 comments:

Mara said...

The cat is an appropriately distrubing touch.

My best friend in middle and highschool was suicidal. He was caught slitting his wrists and stopped in time. He lived but his right hand never worked fully again and he lost the one thing that really mattered to him--his music. How's that for irony?

lunettesdesoleilparis said...

lunettes de soleil pas cher Beaucoup mieux que prevu.

lunettes de soleil Louis Vuitton 2012 pas cher homme & femme.

lunettes de soleil Tom Ford 2012 Point eautiful, expedition rapide, emballage tres bien, merci beaucoup!

lunettes de soleil D&G pas cher 2012. homme

blackprizm said...

This is a good read. And dramatic. But awesome..

Post a Comment